Around the world in 8 months- well, thats the plan!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ronald McChoripan



Well, one down, eight more to go!

This week was a bit slow to start with - no travellers about Northern Argentina so was a bit dry (and not just cos i was heading towards the desert!) Did a few tours from Salta which were really amazing - saw some salt planes and the scenery was incredible (pictures on Flickr). Particularly fun was the Argentinian guy on the tour - despite the fact he spoke less English than my Spanish (and that is some achievement!) he insisted on talking to me non-stop. He came up with the idea that we should open a Choripan (argentinian hotdog) stall together and sell them to Man United hooligans. Among his other ideas were us renting out girls (don´t ask) and opening a winery in Manchester. I feel sorry for the American girl with us as she had to translate everything he said to me!

The night of the tour we stopped i wine country and had an asado - Argnentina BBQ. Was a good laugh although i´m not sure they understood me when i asked if the meat was Tesco finest.

After Salta i headed north to see some more Rock valleys around Humaucha and Iruya. Its really nice and peaceful here, but boy is it cold - its 7pm and i´m wearing my fleece with my trekking coats and boots. Tomorrow, i´m planning to walk 7 hours to San Isidro and back with a French guy and Italian girl i met - i just hope my fitness levels are up to it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home