Around the world in 8 months- well, thats the plan!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Under the Sea, Under the Sea

Been in Australia for 4 days now, i'd i've left my delightful dorm rooms only twice in that time. I've been pretty fluey these past few days, and spent most of my time in bed accompanied by my ever faithful hooded top. I did decide to venture out in order to have a butchers at the Great Barrier Reef.

I did one scuba dive (think i would have done 2 but the congested sinuses were proving a bit of a problem) and did 2 bits of snorkelling. The Scuba is actually much more difficult than it sounds - the main instruction is just remember DON'T STOP BREATHING - which sounds pretty simple, but as soon as you but your head underwater, the natural instinct is so stop breathing and pull you head out of there. I was managing it pretty well in the end, although it really messes with the ears, and think i may try it again when i get to Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home