Around the world in 8 months- well, thats the plan!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Worst idea ever...



Safely arrived in Bali now after a fun few days in Sydney (including partying with Miss Universe, seeing the inside of the Opera House and walking the Harbour bridge). Getting here was not quite so much fun!

My flight to Bali was at 6 in the morning which was too early for both the trains and the shuttle buses. The only way to get there was via Taxi (would have cost about 25 quid) for which i would have had to get up at 3.30, so i decided to get the last train instead. My theory was to arrive at the airport (12ish) get a few hours sleep, and wake up plenty of time for the flight. Well, didn't exactly go according to plan. I got off at the Domestic terminal walked to the end of the corridor and both domestic terminals were shut. No problem, i thought, i'll just stay in the corridor until they open at 4. Not so, the cleaner informed me that the whole domestic area shuts at night and that i had to walk to the international terminal. Turns out that the International terminal is on the other side of the compound and the only way to get there is by taxi (not so easy when there are no taxis to be found given its now about 1am).

I ended up having to walk for about 45mins (with 20kg rucksack) to the other terminal to find it...closed. The only place that was open was about 20m x 20m seating area (all seats taken) and i ended up having to sleep the 4 hrs (not very comfortably) on the floor. Wake i awoke at 4, I found about 100 taxis, and about no taxi drivers. Finally found one to drive me the ten minutes over to domestic before finally boarding my flight. All well in the end, but i shall have to rethink my traveling strategy in future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home