Around the world in 8 months- well, thats the plan!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Joys of Travel



Been in Indonesia for about 10 days now and getting used to how things work in Asia again.

Three days ago i attempted to make the journey from Bali over to Mnt Bromo - that ended up taking about 9 hrs. When i arrived in Probolingo i'd missed to connection out to Bromo and stuck out in the bus station. I got a taxi driver to take me to a cheap hotel (complete with Indonesian shower at toilet (ha!)) and tried to get back to the bus station the next morning. Despite asking 2 different taxi drivers to take me to the bus terminal they both dropped me off at travel agents who tried to rip me off - so i just ended up walking off at getting a local bus. There were 3 of us in it when i got on and we had to wait for 1.5hrs until 18 more people decided to join us on our journey.

Yesterday, after having visited Mnt Bromo, i head to Yogykarta. I left my hostel at 8.32AM and arrived at my destination at 10.34pm - 14hrs in total, comprising 3 different buses. I paid 140.000 RP but considering that i didn't see anyone on the bus spend more than 50.000 RP can't help feeling that i overpaid somewhat! Oh well, all part of the adventure i suppose, plus i have the consolation that the guy how i was travelling with paid more than me for his Bromo trip and his Yogykarta ticket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home