Around the world in 8 months- well, thats the plan!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Perils of being a Beckham lookalike.....

Nearly 2 years ago, whilst dining in a Chinese restaurant in Cambodia, a waitress came over to me and said 'Bet Camp'. At first, i though she was saying that i was little effeminate and was quite offended. However, it turns out she was telling me that i looked like Beckham. Well, it would seem, the Indonesians think in a similar way. Whilst visiting the main tourist attraction in Jakarta, the locals were queuing (yes literally queuing) to have their pictures taken with me. One guy followed me around for the half hour i was up there taking pictures of me with his mobile phone.

Similar thing happened again today, whilst at the train station a few people got talking to me. Within about 5 mins a little crowd of about 10 people had gathered all trying (with little success) to practice their English. Novelty has worn off a bit now, which is probably a good thing as i'll soon be back in England being ignored by the majority.

Been away for 5 1/2 months now - 'Do you get less for murder?' Brendan Sheerin, Coach Trip series One, episode 30 - reckon about another 2 or so and that's me done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home